Sunday, July 1, 2007

White Stripes in YXY!






So one particular day I was rolling off the highway back into the little town of whitehorse, and I was getting ready to drop my peeps off at the hotel, we saw a small stage near the hotel being setup and a crowd a gatherin.' Well I went along dropped off my people and was talking to the 902 in whitehorse (902 is the cool bus business slang for the number two guy who runs the whitehorse division) so anyways 902--john pan says to me "so you know the white stripes?"and I was like does a bear shit in the woods?! But i didnt say it at the time because im not really that on the spot clever...and I guess maybe thats not even a clever thing to say but thats not the point, the point is that the White Stripes were playing just down the street.




OK so the white stripes, huge band right, playing at this moment in the little town of whitehorse the capital city of a territory that has more moose than people. Apparently the band sold out tickets so fast that they decided to do a little free concert before the main one. And I got to go! i dropped my bags parked my coach and went on over. It was awesome, I was only like 10 feet away! It was great too because I remember distinctly buying their album entitled "get behind me satan" last summer in whitehorse around the time i was having whole kerfuflle with beelzebub and here they were again!



But not any harbingers of bad news in fact, quite the opposite, cause it was all in all a fantastic day. Fantastic! So they did a short set and left but it was still amazing they did the song that I dont know the title of it but its the one that plays on the opening credits of Napoleon dynamite with the chorus line that says "...I can tell that we are gonna be friends"


so pretty awesome! In your face Nick






E

1 comment:

Cristie said...

Hi Eric, sounds like fun times in whitehorse...I figured out how to leave a message, aren't you proud of your mom!
love ya, have a great week!